Our mission: “As the people of God we are called, gathered, and sent to proclaim the grace and love of Jesus Christ.”
“The vision of the Love of Christ Lutheran Church Endowment is to provide a vehicle to receive, manage and distribute enduring gifts to nurture faith among current and future generations, both locally and globally.”
An Introduction to Our Endowment:
What is an Endowment?
An endowment fund will give us the capability to fund local and global programs that our current giving does not support. It is a perpetual, proactive way to further the church’s mission now and in the future.
How is the Love of Christ Lutheran Church Endowment administered?
The fund is administered by a committee of seven members. Five members are elected by the congregation and the other two members are our senior pastor, and one board member. The committee is responsible for investing the fund principle and recommends grants for approval by the church board.
How can I participate?
• Cash gifts
• Gifts by will
• Stocks, bonds, real estate
• Life insurance and annuities
• IRA, profit sharing, 401k distributions
• Trusts and trust distributions
• Live insurance agreements
• Collectibles and other assets
• Low cost basis stocks
How is the Love of Christ Lutheran Church Endowment distributed?
• 20% Outreach into the community and synod
• 20% Missions of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
• 20% Capital Improvements, debt reduction, or building programs of LoC Lutheran Church
• Remaining 40% to be distributed by the endowment committee to the above mentioned categories. The maximum distribution to any mission category is 40%
May I designate a gift to the Endowment?
Yes. Non-designated gifts will follow the distribution formula previously outlined. However, some donors may want to set up an endowment within our endowment to support the Music Ministry, Youth Ministry, a specific outreach ministry, or to provide scholarships for children and youth.
Who do I contact to discuss a potential gift to the Endowment?
A Message from Barbara:
“The mission of Love of Christ has been through the years, ‘to know Christ and make Christ known to the world.’ A wonderful way to continue and share this mission is through the Endowment Fund of our church. We have included a large portion of our estate to the Love of Christ Lutheran Church Endowment for its continued mission.”
- Pastor Don and Linda Thompson (Founding Pastor of Love of Christ Lutheran Church)
“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace.” 1 Peter 4:10